Family. You know. Family. There is nothing quite like being part of a family. When you have one, it's amazing, and to think that you can take them for granted. But they are always there. What a wonderful thing God did. Make us all family. Some are closer, some farther. Some are intimately connected, some pretty distant. Some are our own, the ones God put with a Husband and Wife, bride and Groom, a couple with child, or children. Some are our siblings, that we enjoy or, are just related to through parents. Some are the brothers and sisters that God has brought into our lives for a purpose. Created that bond outside of growing up in a house together. Some of these bonds are much stronger that the ones we live with in our homes, children-parent relationships excluded, well, for the most part anyway. I personally can't imagine not having the relationship I enjoy with my sons and my wonderful bride, and can't even understand what a child or sibling or an adult is thinking when they walk away from parents. Not what God's plan is, but then I remember, that while God puts everything out there, ultimately the decision is ours to make. I surely understand the differences between my siblings and myself. Differences in lifestyle, the way people treat others, and the way folks act towards one another can really build some walls. Even so much as the folks siblings decide to make a part of their lives even build some walls. Can we knock down those walls? Sure. Do we want to? Not always. But the relationship between a child and their parents? To not have that could or might possibly the worst. How could I imagine not having my Goddess Mother to talk to. How can I imagine not having a Dad to share with. Not easy for this old guy. Now I fully know, that there will be a time coming when I will be the only one talking. But I know for sure, just like always, they still be there to hear me. I Love you Mom and Dad. Thanks for everything, and for making me the Dad I am today. Tough shoes to fill, but I do it proudly.
God Bless you today. As Thanksgiving and the Blessed Birthday of the Savior come upon us,
What are you thankful for. I give thanks to God for this precious life,
And the ones He has brought into it to share.
Thank you Jesus Christ for my life.
And thank you Father in Heaven.
And thanks Mom & Dad.
Have a truly Blessed day, and a better tomorrow.
God Bless you and keep you
and may God's face smile on you.
Chev. Lydell II
No comments:
Post a Comment